Installed a new stereo, front speakers don't work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so I got tired of not having Bluetooth so I went and bought a new stereo for my '98. I installed it ok with the only hiccup being it wouldn't turn on until I plugged the antenna in for some reason. Wiring is solid, speakers were all working fine with the old stereo. In fact, nothing was wrong with it, I only wanted the Bluetooth the new system offered.

Only now the front speakers don't work. Checked the stereo controls. The fader and balance are cenetered and I know I got the wiring right; they just don't work for some reason.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Kevin

Stereo in question

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Do have tweeters on the A-pillar? If so, you have the factory Infinity system, meaning you have amplifiers on the doors that need to be energized.

OP
OP
kdryan

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which color wire is that? I think blue/white and do I just connect it to the red (hot) wire? Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
kdryan

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Solved... Was indeed the amp wire. :)

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well there you go.
If you used a wiring kit it would go to the power antenna wire according to the diagram.
I've actually got a write up on this exact thing in the DIY or tech section.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45