Junk bin stereo system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
Gathered a bunch of old stereo equipment from previous cars and would like to put them to use.

Can this H/U be attached to the crossover below
pioneer super tuner 3d (only has single rca setup)
DSC_00211_zps569afc8e.jpg

DSC_0011_zps4db92557.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It depends largely on the output from the deck.

According to Pioneer's website the single RCA outs are 'rear'
So you could split them to give signal to both sets of inputs on your X-over.

You'd lose the ability to fade F/R with the deck if you did this.

OP
OP
montrese04

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
It depends largely on the output from the deck.

According to Pioneer's website the single RCA outs are 'rear'
So you could split them to give signal to both sets of inputs on your X-over.

You'd lose the ability to fade F/R with the deck if you did this.

doesnt sound so horrible. Just as long as my tweets tweet and my 6x9 door speakers and the lil 4in speakers in the b-pillar perform as mids. Will they do that properly?

I also have this thing if it helps my options any http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/0628/07165682_0712581895c93af7454a6d449994571f0d7a3974714b4e26c.jpg

Last edited:

bbeljefe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, you can use the Urban Audio active crossover with the Pioneer head unit but you will need separate amplifier channels for the tweeters, mids and if you have them, sub(s).

If you plan to run the front stage externally amplified and the rear speakers off the head unit amplifier you can to that and retain the fader but it will be backward. If you don't have or don't want to bother with external amps then you need to use the passive crossover you linked in your second post.

Personally, I would abandon the rear speakers as they will only serve to bring the sound stage backward but, if you don't mind sitting at a concert with your back to the band, by all means keep them. :)

OP
OP
montrese04

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
Yes, you can use the Urban Audio active crossover with the Pioneer head unit but you will need separate amplifier channels for the tweeters, mids and if you have them, sub(s).

If you plan to run the front stage externally amplified and the rear speakers off the head unit amplifier you can to that and retain the fader but it will be backward. If you don't have or don't want to bother with external amps then you need to use the passive crossover you linked in your second post.

Personally, I would abandon the rear speakers as they will only serve to bring the sound stage backward but, if you don't mind sitting at a concert with your back to the band, by all means keep them. :)

ok so i'm a tad confused. These are the amps that i have Phoenix Gold ZX600ti AND THIS MONO Rockford Fosgate . I will take the advice and not use the rear speakers in the b-pillar. But might the PG amp be enough to handle my highs, mids and lows? or just my highs and mids and then use the RF amp for my sub? also i've been told that the PG amp had crossovers in it. so would my "active" Urban Audio crossover not be needed or would it be better if i still used it?