Kenwood Stereo Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So, I bought a kenwood stereo about a week ago and im having some issues. Ive hooked up two stereos in the past so its not like its anything new but none the less im having problems. I hooked it up in my truck and turned it on and it worked fine. I setup all my audio settings, canceled the demo mode and all the stuff you have to do when getting hooking up the stereo for the first time. However, when i turn the truck off and then turn it back on it goes back to demo mode and reset all my settings. So everytime I turn the truck on I have to shut the demo mode off and all my audio settings are gone. Ive tried everything as far as wiring is concerned. I had the red to red and yellow to yellow and the stereo doesnt even turn on. The only way it works is if I combine both reds and both yellows with each other. Is this the stereo or something in the truck causing it to do this? I need some help! Its not a big issue but its really annoying. Thanks!

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Its not getting constant power, thats why, its acting as if you disconnected the battery.

So i think you need to go back and check your wiring again. How did you wire it, with the clips or straight to the truck? Make sure you didnt cross any wires with the wrong color. You may need to rewire it yourself.

jmmann96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you got your constant and memory backwards. I've done it a few times my self. (Constant is normally Yellow, and memory is normally red.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they don't work except when spliced together it sounds like an electrical issue on the truck side. Make sure the wiring in the truck (the yellow and red) are going where they're supposed to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do not combine your constant/memory with your keyed power.
You will back-feed the truck. You don't want to do that!

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Thanks for your input guys but I fixed the problem awhile ago. It was a blown fuse and thats it. Everything works as it should now!