Looking for strobe kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devildogwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Hey I am 16, sophmore in highschool so I don't have massive funds!
But i'm looking for cheap but good strobe kit for my 99 dodge ram 1500.
I want tail light and head light strobes if possible and maybe even some red and blue lights are still in consideration so please help me!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
be careful with strobes, many places they are illegal as hell. Blue and red is another problem as well. Many places they're illegal because they simulate emergency vehicles, if ur wanting blue and red strobes instead of just leds or somethin i'd forget it, look up your local traffic laws tho

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you're looking for trouble.

Good and cheap sometimes don't go hand in hand when looking at electronics or lighting but I would say ebay, amazon or go to your local Pep Boys.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The problem with running strobes, especially red and blue, is that you can only run them on private property. Basically anywhere else, a bunch of 16 year olds with red strobes, is just gonna get you in trouble. Maybe put the money towards some other cheap mods, but hey, it's your truck. Do what you want!

OP
OP
Devildogwest

Devildogwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I have looked into it and they are only allowed on private property and maybe its just not the best mod for the time. I might revisit this idea down the road.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Strobing underglow might be cool though.......:naughty:
Rolling rave party.

I've got a bunch of red LEDs laying in my garage. Thinking about wiring them in my bed and running the connection to my subs. Gonna be like a party in there lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've got a bunch of red LEDs laying in my garage. Thinking about wiring them in my bed and running the connection to my subs. Gonna be like a party in there lol

Could do that everywhere. :naughty:

Better yet, figure out how to make a whole ton of them strobe differently in different colors. Oh my God that would look so badass with some good EDM.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Could do that everywhere. :naughty:

Better yet, figure out how to make a whole ton of them strobe differently in different colors. Oh my God that would look so badass with some good EDM.

lol lets not get too tacky here. The only problem with me running LEDs to my bed from the subs is they are always gonna be on. I don't think I can run a switch to that. Not sure if I always want them on lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
lol lets not get too tacky here. The only problem with me running LEDs to my bed from the subs is they are always gonna be on. I don't think I can run a switch to that. Not sure if I always want them on lol

Meh, not tacky. ROLLING RAVE PARTY! YES!

You should be able to switch them on or off between the LEDs themselves and the sub. Shouldn't be hard to set that up.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Meh, not tacky. ROLLING RAVE PARTY! YES!

You should be able to switch them on or off between the LEDs themselves and the sub. Shouldn't be hard to set that up.

But the LEDs get their power from the subs, so won't the switch turn off power too subs also?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
But the LEDs get their power from the subs, so won't the switch turn off power too subs also?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not if you wire it between the LEDs and the power for everything.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Not if you wire it between the LEDs and the power for everything.

True, I'm pretty bad with wiring, lol required much thinking... not my thing haha. Dude are you really 19? You know a lot about everything lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
True, I'm pretty bad with wiring, lol required much thinking... not my thing haha. Dude are you really 19? You know a lot about everything lol

yah, just need to put in a little more wire so you could have room to run the switch. Not hard at all.

Yes. :uhoh2:

And thanks. lol Been hanging around the scene since 2010 when I bought my Ram.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yah, just need to put in a little more wire so you could have room to run the switch. Not hard at all.

Yes. :uhoh2:

And thanks. lol Been hanging around the scene since 2010 when I bought my Ram.

I'm impressed. I'm 16 and tryin to learn as much as I can lol.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm impressed. I'm 16 and tryin to learn as much as I can lol.

You're kinda where I was when I was 15. lol Keep at it. I was clueless about wiring until I wired my first set of off road lights, now I can do it in about 30 minutes if everything cooperates. :shocked:

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You're kinda where I was when I was 15. lol Keep at it. I was clueless about wiring until I wired my first set of off road lights, now I can do it in about 30 minutes if everything cooperates. :shocked:

Yeah, I've wired 6 spotlights on my Dads jeep and full underglow on my truck and some interior lighting... That's about it. Nothing too complicated yet. But I'm learning.