Never had this much problem installing a stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMart03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V-8
99 dodge ram 1500 4x4

So I tried installing a pioneer cd player in my truck...had everything plugged in and ready to go. Turned the ignition over to turn the player on and I heard a pop/crack noise from the lower drivers side area...My fuse box is under my hood so not sure why the noise came from there. I checked all my fuses and the fuse on the back of the player...everything checked out. Is there something that I'm missing...not sure why the noise came from where it did. HELP!

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well did you get any music? Did you replace the speakers? Could have missed a ground. If you have the infinity system make sure you hook up the remote wire.

Sent from my apple torching Droid.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like a ground issue.

tsg2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
double check your fuses, in the door jam by the dash there should be another fuse panel, most likely you have a wire backwards, like maddog said it could be ground also

OP
OP
D

DMart03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V-8
I'll rip into it tomorrow and let you guys know what i find. The guy that had the truck before me put in different speakers so idk if its the infinity or not. Also didnt know about the fuse panel by the door jam...thanks guys

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had a similar problem installing my kenwod unit in my 07 ram. The canbus interface had 3 green wires-2 for the left front speaker i think and the 3rd one was for a reverse input or somethin. Spliced all 3 together, not paying attention to the wiring diagram it came with, and when i fired up the unit it did the same thing u are describing. Made a pop from the left front speaker and no sound through any speakers. Looked over the wiring diagram and realized this 3rd green wire was not a speaker wire, and the unit was reading the speaker as being shorted. Clipped the 3rd green wire from the splice and all was good. Check your speaker connections behind the unit and make sure everything is wired properly

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I would guess the ground also, then check the remote wire.

Do you have speakers in your A pillar by the windshield?

OP
OP
D

DMart03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V-8
I would guess the ground also, then check the remote wire.

Do you have speakers in your A pillar by the windshield?

the ground is good and i don't have any speakers in my A pillar
i have the wiring diagram, so i'm gonna retrace my steps and make sure everything matches up...the guy left me a bird nest of wires to deal with so this should be fun!

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Grab a beer and have at it

OP
OP
D

DMart03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V-8
Got it...couldn't have done it without you guys...appreciate the help. The color to the stereo wires were different than what the wiring diagram showed. I'm not sure what the guy who had the truck before me did but it was a mess.

cdplayer.jpg

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hey that's just like mine!

61e5bb34-c11b-41db.jpg

only have a night pic on my phone right now lol

Tapatalk Addict