pioneer app radio anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
have any of you guys tried or looked into the "appradio" from pioneer? Im thinking of fitting my bezel for a double din and just saw the trailer for it and it actually looks pretty neat if your into tech. just looking to hear any of yalls opinions on it. if you want to see the same trailer I watched, here it is.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+(SPH-DA01)

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the app radio before i bought my avh4300. It isnt worth the hasle. It takes forever to.load music and isnt really that user friendly imo lol and it wont play dvds or cds lol

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hmm thats what I was worried about, it being buggy and slow. I like the concept and the clean look. and thats another thing, cant believe they didnt include a cd/dvd insert/player

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a better setup in mind. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
do tell? haha I took a look at some jvc units and think iv come to a decision.

Tapatalk Addict

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Mine involves android, wifi, and a custom console. When I get it completed I will do a full writeup. Till then shhh its a secret. Radio looks good but I think it still leaves some thing to ve desired.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
iv been reading some reviews on it since posting and people say it needs A LOT of software work. so think I'm gonna go another route. awesome man looking forward to seeing it :p

Tapatalk Addict

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It seems like a lot of hype but for the most common apps, pandora, maps, etc. you can get them all in most other double din set ups.

The guy at car toys showed me a new sony they just got yesterday and that thing was a nice HU at $579.

plus I dont think the app radio has the advanced audio control that others have.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah your completely right. a jvc I'm leaning towards has the same iPod integration basically including comparability with a map/gps app and it
is 450ish on jvcs website but on amazon it's 280. there may be some rigging and bezel chopping in my near future.

Tapatalk Addict

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
yeah your completely right. a jvc I'm leaning towards has the same iPod integration basically including comparability with a map/gps app and it
is 450ish on jvcs website but on amazon it's 280. there may be some rigging and bezel chopping in my near future.

Tapatalk Addict

Which JVC? Cheapest I could find (with those features) is $560. I'd buy right now if I could find it that cheap.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
search kwav60BT on amazon and there should be one for 279. it's sitting in my cart right now. it's the one with a 6.1 screen though, not a full 7" touch screen. it doesn't come with a remote so I'd rather be able to control the volume with the dial.

Tapatalk Addict

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
search kwav60BT on amazon and there should be one for 279. it's sitting in my cart right now. it's the one with a 6.1 screen though, not a full 7" touch screen. it doesn't come with a remote so I'd rather be able to control the volume with the dial.

Tapatalk Addict
please keep in mind that although you can display the ipod screen on the unit, you cant control the ipod functions using the JVC unit like the appradio does.

the JVC just makes use of the ipod tvout feature. the only true control is for the playlist.

Also for the OP, the appradio 2 is out and addresses some of the issues of the original appradio, however its still not perfect. IMO if you have the mygig i'would get the pac-audio CHYRVD and use it to integrate an ipad or android device to the system. or for more control the lockpick would work better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah I realized that but pandora and the map being displayed on the screen is enough for me. maybe I'll switch to the app radio once it's been perfected. thanks for the info

thanks Luke, I have an idea of how I'm gonna fit it and fill in the gaps, If it turns out ****** I'm gonna turn to weedaho. my one concern, is how to mount it..? guessing I'll have to make some rigged up brackets?

Tapatalk Addict

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
plumbing straps, they have holes that bolts can go through

going to find you a pic now

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
awesome, thanks for your help luke

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
cool thanks, looks easy enough haha (knock on wood)

Tapatalk Addict