Radio and Dome lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstargell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My radio just stopped working and the dome light will not come on. The bulbs are good and I have checked all fuses, followed the ground wires and all are attached. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Howd you check the fuses? Sometimes they can break in hair fractures so you can't see its broken. Check the ground wires again, make sure theres good wire in the sleeves! You'd be surprised what can go on inside them corrosion wise. Really sounds like a bad ground or fuse to me.

OP
OP
jstargell

jstargell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howd you check the fuses? Sometimes they can break in hair fractures so you can't see its broken. Check the ground wires again, make sure theres good wire in the sleeves! You'd be surprised what can go on inside them corrosion wise. Really sounds like a bad ground or fuse to me.

I used a test light for the fuses. I replaced the fuses under the hood just to have fresh ones and I have to go to the parts store to the smaller fuses for the dash fuse box. I will let you know if it works. I took the dash apart and I was showing power to the radio wire all the way to the radio itself. I have been checking grounds under the hood. All good so far and I cleaned the big connector next to the emergency brake but that didn't work either. Almost out of things to check.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What about the IOD fuse? I forget what all that guy controls...

OP
OP
jstargell

jstargell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after I replaced all of the dash fuses, my radio and dome lights work, :D
About 6 fuses were corroded so that must have been the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye