some wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
So I am by far no wiring expert, and have a few questions. So i have a set of halo fog lights that im going to wire in probably this weekend, im running the halo led's to a toggle switch in the cab. Is it necessary to use an in line fuse or would it be a good precautionary measure? And second question is can i easily wire more than one set of lights to the same toggle switch? im not talking about wiring both halo fogs to the same switch i know i can do that, im talking about maybe a set of engine bay lights or grille lights running to the same switch.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fuse would be used as a precautionary measure and as long as you don't mind all of the lights coming on at once you could do that. Just wire them all in together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
what voltage inline fuse should be used?

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
To know what fuse you need you'll have to calculate your current load.
LEDs usually give a wattage output.
Watts/volts=amps
So a 10w led @14.5v =.68 amps once you know your current draw select a fuse that is slightly less than twice your draw. Also ensure the continuous amp rating of the switch is greater than your load.
If not then you'll need a relay as merc suggested