Sound upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My stock system rattles my doors and mirrors....

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clearance wise, I believe my Rockfords were about 2" thick. I'd think that between 2.5-3" would be maximum just to be safe. I'll see if I can't find the specs on my speakers.

Edit: Found them, mounting depth was 2 7/8". So with that information I would assume as long as you're not installing 4" thick speakers, you should be good. Keep it sub 3.75".

Attachments

• speaker.PNG
    speaker.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Infinity is right up there for good sound, u just need to pick the ones u want. As for rattles yea have fun with that lol. but its not that bad unless u run subs like some of us do, then its a case of finding the rattles and dealing with them however you can.

Me i have a Kenwood deck, stock Infinity speakers and two 12's and two 10's subs where the back seat was.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Infinity is right up there for good sound, u just need to pick the ones u want. As for rattles yea have fun with that lol. but its not that bad unless u run subs like some of us do, then its a case of finding the rattles and dealing with them however you can.

Me i have a Kenwood deck, stock Infinity speakers and two 12's and two 10's subs where the back seat was.

Jesus you have four subs? I thought you replaced the 10s with the 12s....

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Christ Merc, I'm 19 and that's a bit much, I'm happy with my two 10s lol. What kind of amp are you driving those with?

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to order in that kicker speaker set but found my subs are plenty for me. Running 2 10" kicker comps and a 3k amp, the main thing that rattles on my truck is the dash bezel. Guess I'm just lucky, none of my door panels nor my windows rattle, although it'll rattle any loose change I have floating around which drives me nuts.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to order in that kicker speaker set but found my subs are plenty for me. Running 2 10" kicker comps and a 3k amp, the main thing that rattles on my truck is the dash bezel. Guess I'm just lucky, none of my door panels nor my windows rattle, although it'll rattle any loose change I have floating around which drives me nuts.

My rattle points tend to be my map lights and rear seat brackets since I don't have carpeted boxes.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Christ Merc, I'm 19 and that's a bit much, I'm happy with my two 10s lol. What kind of amp are you driving those with?

I am playing it safe until i install a second batt and isolator, so just two Alpine amps powering the four subs. I prefer more smaller amps over one or two big amps.

What can I say? He's turned into a bit of a hooligan. :hands:

What who me so i have a few tattoos, listen to loud ass music, drive a nice lifted black 2nd gen that I built not some shop.

My rattle points tend to be my map lights and rear seat brackets since I don't have carpeted boxes.

Sounds about right for rattles, ya my outer door skins vib but so does the whole truck lol. Lest we admit to having real rattles lol.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Yall wanna find what rattles come to iowa and drive about 15mph on a gravel road a farmer has turned into a washboard with his tractor. Bout knock out a filing. Feels like the wheel hop you see hardcore sled pullers get lol

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
up and coming audio guy here... if you have no budget PRV speakers and Sundown subs are the best hands down. in my personal truck i run rockford subs, and pioneer speakers and head unit. Kicker is good for the money but id go the extra mile and cough up a few more bucks for rockford speakers. for future reference if you have a vehicle without the infinity system run all of the door speakers to an amp. helps a ton. but you already have amps on each speaker so no need. amps are everything.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I used to have 3 10s bridged in my old 1500 3.9l singlecab in highschool powered by one amp 1600w. then I blew one of them and went down to two 10s.