Sub and Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Hey guys.

I replacés my head unit that was stock garbarge in my ram with the Sony xplod x bluetooth head unit, replacés my speakers also with Sony xplod x's, it says 52w x 4.

Ive been wanting to get an amp and a couple subs but am wondering what i should go with for my head and speaker set up

Thanks in advance

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My personal favorites for decks are Pioneer and Alpine.
Everyone has their preferences, I've run both and had nothing but good luck with their products. I am about to slap a pioneer deck in my truck, I like that they still have Sirius. (XM based Sirius XM service is kind of ****** where I live, Sirius works great)

OP
OP
Austin On The Coast

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Im wondering about sub and amps more then anything, im pretty sure for now im sticking with these but IVe gears pioneer is good

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ive used multiple sony subs, they are pretty good. Also used a sony xplod amp and it pounded pretty good.

Id recommend sony, alpine or pioneer.

OP
OP
Austin On The Coast

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Okay, thanks i guess what im trying to say is what wattages are you looking at with my set up, what would 52w x 4 be compatible with?

Any info on amp to sub powering would be delightful!

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully someone with audio expertise jumps in. I know nothing about audio lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Okay, thanks i guess what im trying to say is what wattages are you looking at with my set up, what would 52w x 4 be compatible with?

Any info on amp to sub powering would be delightful!

That really has nothing to do with the amp or sub, thats the power per channel going to the door speakers IIRC. Amps arent powered by the deck, they are powered by the battery.

Wattages you can run whatever ya want really as long as you wire it correctly. Capacitor is a good idea too.

I ran a mono channel 350w Sony Xplod amp, bridged, powering 2 pioneer 800w 10" subs in an enclosed box. On a 2 different decks, one was a pioneer 50wx4, second a sony xplod 52wx4.

What are you wanting to run in your set-up?

Last edited:

granite14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500, 4x4, CC, SLT Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
One thing to select first I think would be your speakers. I was surprised by how much different they sound with the same amp. They add the voicing that you want. For me, I like Infinity speakers for their clarity, but the ones I liked were 2 ohm. Some of the head units won't support 2 ohm loads, so I went directly with a 5 channel class D amp. I had a JL Audio XD700/5 and then that was stolen, so I replaced it with a cheaper Alpine unit, and they both were very good, and plug and play, and take up less space than separate amps for 4 speakers and a sub amp.

I never used the amp directly from the amp for a very long time, but they seem underpowered, as I uninstalled my setup once and put a Kenwood head unit and cheaper speakers in before selling, and it didn't sound nearly as good.

OP
OP
Austin On The Coast

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Basically i dont really know, id like to run two subs in a box in my cab which i can have built or order and i want to get whatever ones sound good and clear, and Bump (not the loudest) but fat ya know, and not blow anything or have anything fo wrong. I didnt know if a sub and amp set up dépenses on your Seck and speakers or what so i am picking stuff up still

OP
OP
Austin On The Coast

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Eventually i might get à better set up but for now i have the Sony xplod bt Seck, and Sony xplod speakers, 6x9s in front and like 5x8 i believe in the back (installing in a couple days) and want to get à good sub and amp to go with what i got. Just the Seck and speakers soins great but I want the whole speel and a couple subs and amp to round it all out ya know

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Basically i dont really know, id like to run two subs in a box in my cab which i can have built or order and i want to get whatever ones sound good and clear, and Bump (not the loudest) but fat ya know, and not blow anything or have anything fo wrong. I didnt know if a sub and amp set up dépenses on your Seck and speakers or what so i am picking stuff up still

If I were you, look into the bazooka tubes. Easy set-up for a beginner and will do what you want. Its a small 8" sub with a small amp built in. Wires right to your radio and no mess.

Rears are 6.5" speakers IIRC.

edit: link http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...-subwoofer-bta8100fh-bta8100fhc/10131741.aspx

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
When it comes to amps and subs it's all Jl audio, rock'n good product.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When it comes to amps and subs it's all Jl audio, rock'n good product.

Ohohoho clever pun sir!

Agreed JL Audio is good stuff to, no personal experience with though.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I have had some JL stuff from W3 to W7 subs that will move you, I wish I still had them. JL is not cheap by any means but they will be the last subs one ever buys. I have thought about upgrading the speakers in my truck but just don't see the need to at this point.

zman7590

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
im running a 4000w amp with 2 kickers ....bumps hard lol. i enjoy it cuz you get the little ricer cars that pull up with subs and stare up at you...yes up lol...then i crankmine andthey look away haha

OP
OP
Austin On The Coast

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Well i put my rear xplods in tonight so what would be à good amp and sub, would the xplod amps and subs be good? And what wattage would you suppose would be good. I listen to all kinds of **** but I want ricers to def be jelous lol

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Im thinking anywhere from 300w to 500w. 350w below in a single channel, or anything above to 500 in a dual channel. Bridge them. Xplods should be fine for ya, theyre good stuff from my experience and dont break the bank. Id go one amp for the sub or subs, wouldnt worry about one for speakers.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Your best bet is to go to a place that sells this equipment and they will advise you to what goes with what.