Subwoofer Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddawson10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have a 98 Ram 1500 ext-cab and was wondering where is the best place to mount subwoofers? Does anyone have them under the front seats? I would appreciate the help. Thanks

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I have a 98 Ram 1500 ext-cab and was wondering where is the best place to mount subwoofers? Does anyone have them under the front seats? I would appreciate the help. Thanks
An under the rear seat box....or a big box in the back seat

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just put mine in today they are on the back seat can only have 4 passengers now but i rarely go above 1 (my self) and even less often 2 people, when the hell is anybody on this forum going to have 6 passengers? I guess if you think they are an eye sore that would suck but they look good to me and they are too big to try to subtly mount them anywhere.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine under my back seat, but I plan to eventually have a custom box built to sit on the floor and the middle of the back seat.

Under the seat is good if you need the room but the bigger the box the more the bass.

I rarely have a passenger in my truck

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The trick is to make it so that shes sitting right over the sub nice and ....tingly for her which is good for you of course :naughty:

True story my friend had some buddies that did that to the girl that was riding with them once. They turned the sub up and put on bassy music....she was...."uncomfortable" back there. :roflsquared: Her shorts were soaked when she got out.

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
True story my friend had some buddies that did that to the girl that was riding with them once. They turned the sub up and put on bassy music....she was...."uncomfortable" back there. :roflsquared: Her shorts were soaked when she got out.

yes.....yes. This right here.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Buddy from tech school does that to his girl and sometimes I get snapchats of it lol

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In a more serious this thread sort of thing where do you guys ground your amps? I got my power hooked up but didn't have enough extra for the ground so id like to know how much more i need to get.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have my sub box sitting in the middle of backseat. Nobody is rarely back there. Some day I'd like to build a custom box that takes up the whole middle front and back seat, like a 2 or 3 sub woofer box

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In a more serious this thread sort of thing where do you guys ground your amps? I got my power hooked up but didn't have enough extra for the ground so id like to know how much more i need to get.

Any metal should work, I have mine under the rear seats (quad cab) and have it grounded to the bench seat mounting bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any metal should work, I have mine under the rear seats (quad cab) and have it grounded to the bench seat mounting bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

believe it or not i am aware of how a ground works, i was just trying to find a good spot you guys like to use where exactly is this spot youre speaking of?

headhunter123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8

The bracket bolts that bolts your seat to the floor. Bracket to floor bolt.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
I removed the center seat, built a box to fit in between the driver and passenger seat, then placed the center armrest back on top of it after wrapping the sub box in the old seat fabric.

I did exactly the same thing. Built the box, put about an inch of foam on in the wrapped it in the original seat cover. Nobody ever had any clue I had a 10" hidden under there. It fired down so the carpet may have muffled it a bit, but You felt it right in the seat so I thought it had pretty good sound.

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Check out diymobileaudio.com - lots of ideas & plans there... mine has a JL Audio Stealth box with a 12" sub that replaces the middle front seat... very expensive but looks like it would be easy to copy. I Didn't even know it was there until a couple months after I got the truck... I was pulling front seats out to mount amps and found a nice surprise lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429709973530.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429709973530.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 200