Tail light issue need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ok so it's a 2002 2500 I just picked up and it has a issue that I need fixed to pass inspection

The left tail light is fine everything works but the right tail light, the hazards work the turn indicator works but when I turn the lights on there is nothing. Please give me some advice iv checked the fuses nothing blown

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Look at the wiring under truck coming from the taillight. When I got my truck my taillight would quit working when I'd hit a bump in road. Turned out that the previous owner had spliced wires and done it poorly. Had to resplice all wires on left taillight.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Stating the obvious... Check the bulb. The low filament probably burned out.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Yeah, check the bulb, wiring and the socket and bulb for a good clean connection and no corrosion. Does your brake light work? If so, I'd try a new bulb. Do you have access to a wire tester? Check to see if you're getting power to the wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I'm assuming it has a trailer harness. Disconnect trailer harness from the taillight and see if it works. The harnesses have a bad tendency of getting junk in em and corroding.