Tapping Into Factory Headlight-On Buzzer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
So, I'm wiring in a bunch of lights and such, and I'm wondering where and how I tap into the buzzer for the Headlight-On & Key off module thing? This way I don't accidentally leave a light or other accessory on and kill the battery. I already know how to wire it, just need to know what I need to tap into to make it work like the factory did with the stock headlights? Thanks :)

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
And it is going to be wired on the truck described in my signature

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not sure where to tap into the buzzer but it is fairly easy to tap into the parking lights (using a separate relay) for the same effect. New lights will only come on when the parking lights are turned on.

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Hmm, so doing it like that would make the parking lamp switch be a master switch over all the other lights then? Just run all the switch wires for the light through the relay that is tapped into the park lamps, then to the switch, then the each light's respective relays, ect? Is my thinking correct on this?

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Run a separate relay and power line for each light set, use the parking light wire (with a 2-3amp in-line fuse) as the source. All lights will be actuated by turning on the parking lights without taxing the parking light circuit.

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Hmm, I don't want them to all come on with the park lamps and not be able to shut them off. And don't want to run the light without a relay on it, so if I had a relay on it, it'd end up having 10 extra. I think I'll wire the parking lamp as a master switch to it all if I can't find out where to tap into the buzzer circuit. Thanks for the advice and ideas! :favorites13: