Umm help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Ok, the other while working on the drive shaft I left the key on without realizing iit, draining the battery. Tried starting it this morning rolled over once, then everything went off. left it sit, oped the door and the interior light came on, turned the key, everything went off again. Put the charger on it for say half hour-45 mins, turned the key, lights went out.

Amazingly I got the other truck (Silverado) started and drove it over put the cables on and the other truck fired up after a few tries. Knew there wasn't much gas in it so after about 10 mins I moved it to the house and shut it off, the other truck hadn't stalled out yet so I took it to the corner and back 0-100 in about 13 seconds lol put some rubber down at the corner and brought it back and parked it out to the barn. Went back to the other truck with the intention to get some gas while it's cheap ($3.25), opened the door, no lights, turned the key nothing. Any ideas what it might be?

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Check the voltage on the battery you might have a dying cell.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Well, I solved the problem, and feel pretty stupid for not checking it lol. Tapped the clamp on the positive terminal with a hammer, hood light came on. Took it off and is was badly corroded so I took my little battery cleaner and cleaned it out and the + post put it back together and she fired right up. rolled over real smooth and fast. problem solved,

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That is an easy problem to fix... Glad you found it.