Unique Speaker Mount Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I got these new speakers today at work for $0.05. I was just going to sell them online but after reading the reviews, they seem like decent little speakers. The thing is, I have no idea where to mount them. Any ideas?

Specs:Pioneer TS-X150 (tsx150) 3-way Surface Mount Speakers

Attachments

• TS-X150.jpg
    TS-X150.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Hmmm. I'm guessing you're wanting them as highs

Was not set from an iPhone.

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Yeah exactly. Ive read they have very crisp highs. Ive thought about mounting them in the dash, but with the cracked dash problems... thats probably not the best idea

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Actually a buddy of mine had a hole in the passenger side of his dash. So he punched a hole in the driver side and rigged some computer speakers in the holes lol

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Haha! Not a bad idea actually, I have a dash cover anyway so what could it hurt?

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of 6 speakers powered off of a 4 channel amp? No subs, yet.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
What are you trying to do, use an amp as a crossover type deal?

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I apologize for the late reply, I just got my amp and stuff in the mail. What I want to do is power my 4 door speakers off of a 4 channel amp, one speaker per channel. I would like to power the little speakers I linked to earlier in the post to the head unit. I am not sure how this would work, or if it is even possible.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize for the late reply, I just got my amp and stuff in the mail. What I want to do is power my 4 door speakers off of a 4 channel amp, one speaker per channel. I would like to power the little speakers I linked to earlier in the post to the head unit. I am not sure how this would work, or if it is even possible.

I don't see why not if you are using a stock head unit, buy a stereo converter like this
http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/hardware-accessories/car-stereo-output-converter
This converts speaker outputs to rca inputs and allows the addition of an amp to stock head units. It also works with aftermarket units if you wish to add more than one set of rca ports.
Wire the converter to your front speaker wires and then wire the little speakers into whatever output you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
What he said. As long a you have RCA jacks on the stereo, you can hook an amp to it. The if you can bridge the amp, you can use one for your mids and highs and the other for subs or however you're wanting to go about it. As for the deck you can run your amp off the RCA output, and the speakers you mentioned on the channels that's on the deck already.

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Thanks guys. I have an aftermarket JVC Head unit that has 6 RCA outputs. 4 of those would go to my amp, the other two I'm saving for subs. I was going to power my other two little speakers, the one this post was about, off of the original front speaker wires in the wiring harness. I should be able to just hook them up and go, I hope. I have heard that if you use your RCA outputs that you have to cap off your original speaker wires, so I don't know how this will work.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
If you're wanting to use the speakers this post is about as highs like you mentioned, it would be a good idea to hook those up to a secondary amp so you can kill the bass running to them without taking away from your subs. As far as capping off the wires for the channels on the deck, that's just to prevent them from arching or grounding off on anything. Just cut them so no wire is exposed and put some liquid tape over the tips.

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I've nearly got all the wiring done but I've ran into one problem I'm not sure how to fix. I've decided to power the two small speakers off of my head unit.

The wires on the left speaker wires that came off of the new speakers. It's ported so it comes with its own wiring, ready to go. The wire on the right is the wire that comes off of my head unit wiring harness. How do I connect the two? I have a two on one situation here lol

Attachments

• IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 54

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
I never use connectors if I am able to solder. I find a good solder with heat shrink not only looks and works better, it saves a lot of room where connectors take up space.

OP
OP
J

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I agree about the solder and heat sink. It sure makes less of a mess than a ton of connectors! The thing I'm not sure about is there is two wires coming off of the speaker. I have heard that one is for highs and the other for lows but I'm not sure how true that is. I wasn't sure if I was just supposed to just join the two speaker wires to the one wire coming off of the wiring harness? I hope this makes sense