Wipers won't cradle properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wipers won't cradle properly(Solved!)

Hey guys. Just got my wiper problem fixed. Needed a new wiper motor and a multifunction switch. Just one curious thing though is that my wipers don't cradle or come all the way down whenever I turn the wipers off and I was just curious if anyone would know the cause of this. Thanks!

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do they go all the way up and down when they're on?

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There should be some type of a park switch on the motor its self or near the mechanical linkage. I'm sorry I have never worked on a Ram's wipers but I believe most domestic wiper setups are similar. If for some reason your wipers are slightly misaligned (even by one tooth) or the park switch is damaged, it may not engage the parking mechanism to pull the wipers down to the cowl when you shut your wipers off.

Also don't rule out a faulty wiper motor although you just replaced it, stranger things have happened. Now that you know what to look for I assume it will be an easy fix. Look for a latch or a switch that could potentially contact the wiper arm or linkage its self and go from there.

OP
OP
WildWilly

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There should be some type of a park switch on the motor its self or near the mechanical linkage. I'm sorry I have never worked on a Ram's wipers but I believe most domestic wiper setups are similar. If for some reason your wipers are slightly misaligned (even by one tooth) or the park switch is damaged, it may not engage the parking mechanism to pull the wipers down to the cowl when you shut your wipers off.

Also don't rule out a faulty wiper motor although you just replaced it, stranger things have happened. Now that you know what to look for I assume it will be an easy fix. Look for a latch or a switch that could potentially contact the wiper arm or linkage its self and go from there.

Awesome. Thanks for the help! I'm bringing it back in Thursday because I need to put a new washer fluid pump in too and I'll have them take a look at that again. My guy said he'd rip the motor out again and throw a new one in if he had to since it's under warranty and everything.

OP
OP
WildWilly

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Solved! There's a little line that you need to line up the wipers when you're setting them into the park position and then they'll cradle properly. If they aren't in line with it, they'll pop themselves back up instead of cradling.