wire fog lights into parking lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hutchjoecraft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have got a 97 ram, right now it had aftermarket fog lights wired to a toggle switch. I hate it! Having to flip that damn toggle and it looks cheap. Is there any way to wire them so that when the parking lights turn on they come on?

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Yea or you can find a factory button and wire them that way so it looks real clean.. If you are going to use the parking light circuit i would use a relay for sure to keep draw off the switch and risk fire.. Your fogs would be brighter using a relay either way cuz if wired correctly they would receive full 12 volts.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^+1 using the relay would keep them from flashing with turn signals if wired in before fusebox

OP
OP
H

hutchjoecraft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a diagram on how to do it in the parking light circuit, along with using a relay? Where can relays be purchased? I have never used one before.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Relay with harness can be found at pretty much any parts store or hardware store.. And the flashing he is speaking of would only come into play if wired incorrectly.. I will try and get a diagram made for you asap..

OP
OP
H

hutchjoecraft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, my headlights have 3 leds in them, I tried to just take the power wire and plugged it into the parking light fuse and then grounded the negative. The LEDs stayed on whether the lights were turned on or not even with the truck off. I did try it in the CD player fuse and then they came on with the key which I am fine with, just don't know if that is safe to do?

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
A diagram would be extremely helpful. I bought the switch that has the fog button on it. I'm switching to 4th gen bumper with fogs and just wondering on wiring along with the op.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Ok I found a diagram on Google for a lexus. Same concept but different vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye