Wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2000 dodge 1500 I love the truck but having a problem! The wiring harness caught fire and they donot make them anymore and I have looke for 3 weeks foranother one in junkyards and other olaces and can't find one so I'm going to redo the one that's there any tips from anyone I've never done this before and really don't know what I'm doing ! But have to get it running again so please if anyone can help let me know!

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Save yourself some trouble and call up Painless wiring solutions and have them make you a oe harness. They specialize in mainly aftermarket and custom harnesses but I dont see why they couldt make you one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Sounds like you haven't tried hard enough. JY's dont have much of a call for them, so they just slash them to remove the other stuff. VERY time-consuming to remove! Not much money in them to make it worth it. I replaced a complete 2G engine harness after my last truck was stolen, and they CUT all 60 wires at the computer. Looking on your local Craigslist should find a complete harness from a truck being parted. $50 max, try for $20 first. Most folks who part these usually send the harness to the scrapyard and get nothing for it. Make sure engine, trans, and other options are the same.