2005 ram srt10 viper engine gas pedal hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmny1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper
I took my truck for an oil change yesterday when I drove off I noticed my gas pedal is really hard and it won't icky up power what can I do please help?

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
start by returning to the oil place,they may have kinked the cable orput air filter on wrong and blocking correct linkage movement, I am assuming a 2005 is not drive by wire
brianj

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The Gen 3s should be cable connected still, especially an 05. If memory serves it was only GM vehicles (I dont recognize any but the big three, Chevy, Ford, Dodge) that were fly by wire in 04 and up.

You can quickly check yourself by opening the hood and looking around the top of the engine right under the air filter. Make sure that all the cables are unobstructed and properly connected. I dont know how the Gen 3 throttle bodies are setup, however some Ford setups were prone to problems if the coolant lines running to the throttle body weren't routed properly.