98 Dodge Ram 1500 46RE Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllJackedUp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello. I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 with a 360 with 46re 4x4. Here is my issue. I have searched and searched and cant seem to find an answer. I just had my trans rebuilt. Benchtop build. I got it installed and it shifts great and pulls good. Problem is after about 5 mins in drive once I stop instead of taking back off in drive it takes off in second. I can shift down to 1 and manual shift just fine. Even in drive if it does take off in second once it catches up it will continue to shift through the gears normally. Any help is welcome. Any other questions I should be able to answer. Thanks

OP
OP
A

AllJackedUp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yetjhe valve body was gone through. He said he replaced the governor pressure sensor and solenoid but wasn't sure if he used the old harness or a new one. I was thinking sticking 1-2 valve or the sensor or solenoid but if they are new how common is it that they are bad out of the box.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Sounds like it very well could be sticking 1-2 valve. Governor could very well have clogged up with the fresh friction material as well. Borgwarner solenoid should be used