Anti-Rattle Spring/Clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
So I went to put air in the ps/f tire today and noticed that the anti-rattle clip had slid damn near all the way out and had started to scrape against the rim. I wasn't home but wasn't far so I got my hammer out and knocked it back in and went straight home and it stayed in the whole way. Looked and one of the tabs on the inner side of the wheel is broken off and the other is bent straight.

My question is do I have to completely remove the caliper and disassemble it and all that crap just to replace this clip or is there an easier way? I really don't want to do all that but if I have to I have to.

Edit: Did some more looking and dad didn't replace the pad clips when he replaced the pads and rotors and its the pad clip thats broken

Last edited:

gmwilkes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I made that mistake on not replacing those when doing pads and caused a lot of caliper problems down the road. Now I always replace those and use the lube that comes on the small packs at the counter when changing pads.