Blower Issues, What can I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keentopgunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9L
My blower ran perfectly when I first got my truck, although a little weak, but now it will only blow through the defrosters or just be off, and it squeals at me! I told it to stop, but it won't listen and it is just starting to irritate me as I do drive 8-11 hours a day. It just won't listen! I have heard that it could be the blend door yes? but what else can I do? Should I just replace the blower, the door and the resistor? Would this solve all my hearts desires to have a functioning ac/heating system?

I also have another issue on a side note, when I turn the the temperature to cold, it leaks under my vinyl floor, and I would love love love to fix this issue before I put some beautiful tan carpet in to accent my blackish/greyish interior.

Thank you for your answers in advance!

- Chris Yohn

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
If it squeals, then the blower motor is going bad. It'll probably last a long time before it finally gives out I'm sure, but your other problem sounds like a blend door issue. I think you should consider replacing both.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
With just the key on engine off, have the radio all the way down and the air off. Then put your ear next to the switch/vent area and as you turn the vent locations switch listen for the blend doors moving. If it doesn't work at first your blend doors aren't working and you can try to switch it through each selection a couple times and see if it works. Also try with the temp selector.

I had a no heat problem that ended up being stuck blend doors. I just used the switch to exercise them a bit and it's worked for the last 2 years now. These trucks can do some freaky things with the heat/ac