brake light shorts fuel pump relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigersax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8
o.k. so I have not been on here in a while and I have had an issue that I am stumped with. starting to think the truck has a mind of it's own. first off the truck is a 2001 single cab 4x4 ram 1500 with a 5.9l. when applying the brake the engine cuts off. when the truck is off and you touch the brake pedel the fuel pump relay in the panel under the hood starts chattering. so I have unhooked the brake light switch and have been using the flashers. the only thing that I can find connecting the two is that they com off of the trucks computer right next to each other. when I try to connect to the obdII connection to see what the computer is reading that doesn't work. all these symptoms tell me that it could be a grounding issue but I am baffled. I am offshore working till Monday and have decided that I am going home and tearing this truck apart to figure this out. i was just wondering if anyone has had any issues like this and could stear me in the right direction.