Brake line help.... also I think my t case is leaking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndgenramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
So I recently got back from vacation to find a nice size leak of tranny fluid under my truck. I think its leaking from the front of the transfer case though. Anyone know if there is a gasket or something that needs to be replaced?

Also while under the truck I noticed my brake line is busted.... right? Anyone replaced this before?

it's just one thing after another with dodge lol.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMAG1921.jpg
    IMAG1921.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG1916.jpg
    IMAG1916.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG1918.jpg
    IMAG1918.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 25

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Emergency brake cable is easy, adjusting it properly takes a bit of patience. Looks like it rubbed on whatever is mounted to the body mount.

Looks like your leak is from the od unit to the t-case? I believe there's a seal or two in there, one on the trans output shaft and one on the input of the t-case.

OP
OP
2ndgenramman

2ndgenramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
Thanks for the help! That would explain why my emergency brake doesn't work... Any write up on how to replace that?

And thanks for the input on the leak.. Its ******* the wife off so Im trying to get that done quick ha.