brake pressure??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
So the other dday when i had to replace my power steering pump i moved the truck maybe 3 lengths And shut it off.. After i crawled over and begun disassembly i could hear air.. After a second of listening i reached over and loosened the reservior cap for brake fluid and it quit.. I do happen to have fluid residue on the outside of cap now and then but in the last 4 years only added maybe a few oz.. What could be the problem? Booster? Cap? I may add brake light and abs light are on and the proportioning valve has paint marked numbers like a yard does.. Dont know the story behind that.. 2 wheel abs disk front drum rear 2000 auto 5.2 auto... If that is relevent. Thanks

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Are you sure the air stopping when you removed the cap wasn't a coincidence? Not a/c equalizing? If not its a possibility your brake booster or booster check vale is leaking.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ my thoughts. Can you make it happen again? There is no reason the brake master cylinder reservoir would be pressurized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
It was definatly the reservior.. Had my ear less than a foot from it..