Climate control only HOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I tried a search, found some people with various problems, but nothing similar. I was thinking blend door, but it could be vacuum or dash control?

So all my controls work good. Except temp. It scorches my ass. Lol

I know where about the blend door and actuator are located, but I think it has a recirc, and maybe one for where the air is directed as well? Not sure. But I was hoping to find out which one to look for, and if I can remove it without tearing out the dash. This isn't my first rodeo with these. Done a 2001 grand Cherokee that was hairier to finish than a lumberjacks ass crack. Lol and an 04 trailblazer with about 8 actuators on it. So if ANYONE has done a replacement without taking out the dash, please inform.

Also, I'm not sure if these trucks are all this way, but on the fan speed control, I don't seem much of a difference in air flow from 1-3, but top speed makes a big jump up. Is this the consensus?

OP
OP
N

numba20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
After pulling the actuator, which was a heck of a job to get the back screw out, I opened it up and seen no obvious issue, so I figured I'd look at the switch in the dash, pulled it and the previous owner did have the freakin thing plugged in! Was mad at first, but just glad I didn't have to buy anything to fix it. Lol works great now!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963