Code reader = no buss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I meant the code reader will not link to my truck. 99 ram sport 5.2 4x4. So went to local auto parts store to see what codes I had. My gauges worked I can pull up the codes on the odometer but not with a code reader. Just wouldn't read through a code scanner. I do have an issue that sometimes my cluster will get loose and I have a air bag light come on. Push in on the dash and it goes away. (This is a different issue but wanted to give all info I can. The stock radio harness was cut out also. I have a aftermarket radio in in now. I think something is messed up with the amp or speaker. Right the side sounds good. Left side bass is not there. Switch leads from left and right it does not change. Had two different head units in there.) the truck starts and runs good. Except believe my plenum gasket is bad. Gauges work. I plan on getting a tuner after engine swap, axle swap but wont this effect trying to tune it. Thanks In Advance for help.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Check fuses for the obd2 issue. Radio if you applied power to speaker and it doesn't work try another speaker. a few people have done the plenum and I think we may even have a guide on here. Best of luck in your ventures and be sure to report the fix.