error code p1687 no bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck has rough idling and lacks power in reverse and smells of oil burning. Error code is p1687 no bus Has been suggested that I need a power train control module/engine computer?

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
1672 indicates a CCD bus fault. What module was the code pulled from? The module setting the code is almost always not the problem.
Does your odometer say no bus? Is it blank? Does it work fine?

EVERY time I address this code the first thing I do is verify your 5v reference signal voltage.
It is common for the crank sensor or tps to short the signal voltage and cause weird problems and serial data issues.
Turn key on unplug tps verify 5volts to the tps 4.7-5.1 is a good range.
If OK plug it back in and unplug your map sensor and do the same to verify the tps isn't the problem
If its not OK start by unplugging your 5v sensors until voltage returns. Starting with the crank sensor after verifying the tps is good

If no problem is found there post back and I'll walk you through diag for the CCD bus