A few problems just starting to occur..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedPissah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there, I've got a ram 1500 sport 5.2 with 120,*** miles. I've had the 46re transmission replaced about 3,000 miles ago and ran great up until a few days ago, and I think I'm having some over-lapping issues. The first one I've noticed was after the truck sits for a long time, it's not starting. It cranks for awhile but doesn't turn over. I have to give it maybe 5 or 6 long pulls before it finally and just barely turns over. Once it starts it runs fine, and can turn it off and restart it with no issues... my first thought was possibly leaking injectors?

My second issue, which is starting to worry me, is when coming from a stop (red light, stop sight, etc.) When i slowly give it gas to take off it's completely fine... but when I floor it or even accelerate a little hard it sputters really bad forcing my foot off the gas.. If i hold it down any longer it feels and sounds like it will stall all together. Its' a bad shake and sputter and feels like it's not getting fuel, but if i back off the gas It's fine.

I've got two codes...
P0601 ICM Check Sum error
P1740 TCC/OD Solenoid

One last thing I forgot to mention that may be of significance: I took about an hour drive to GA over the weekend (Highway is constant up/down hill driving) and up around 65/70 mph my OD OFF Light came on. This light would not go off by toggling the switch. I pulled over, restarted the truck and it went off.

Headache :poop:

Thanks yall.