fuel sync instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luvmyramm42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.2
I was pulling a heavy load in my 98 ram. has 4.2 l magnum engine have since replaced timing chain and gears did all new gaskets and everything but cant get the fuel sync correct seriously need to get this done and cant find any usefull information....HELP PLEASE

OP
OP
L

luvmyramm42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.2
DRB3 fuel sync

ok so I am about to rent a drb3 emulator tool to finish my truck. First question is what are the steps I need to take while doing this so I can get my truck on the road again.. should I start completely over under the timing cover to get everything lined up correctly. also what else should I do while I have this $2500 tool at my disposal. Lastly anybody in the Centre, Alabama area that would like to use the tool for a small fee let me know...

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
The steps on how to set the Fuel sync can be found in the Factory service manual, that pdf can be downloaded from RF free.

OP
OP
L

luvmyramm42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.2
ive followed every available instructions on how to do this and according to those I should atleast be able to get the truck started without the tool and I can not so im stumped and pissed I really need some help can I test the cam shaft sensor and crank sensor to see if either are bad

OP
OP
L

luvmyramm42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.2
instruction verification

http://bionicdodge.com/Download/Speedtweaks Tips And Tricks.pdf

OK according to this I can index the distributor without the drb3 using a multimeter it also says that I must rotate the timing 17.5 degrees past tdc in order to index it so really the crank and cam will be lined up but the distributor will not be put on the piston one firing spot in that position I have to rotate past that point 17.5 degrees then find the position where the multimeter changes outputs... is this correct?

OP
OP
L

luvmyramm42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.2
Anybody

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk