heater issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
So I am wanting my heater to get hot faster.. I used to have a grocery getter
(mustang 3.8 v6 5speed) and it had a restrictor in the heater hose it helped sustain heat and have the heat faster.. now I am wondering if it will work with our rams and where to find such a device now? (stang is long gone) any advice or input is very appreciated and yes I will be doing a heater core and evap core replacement very soon..

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I feel your pain I too have a v6 stang as a grocery getter and the heat is crazy hot. I haven't seen anything like that for the ram world yet. The best thing you could do is a good flush and a brass heater core not an aluminum one.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
know where i can find a brass one? the alum should heat up faster however i dunno about durability.. and the restrictor is kind of universal.. if i could just find one.. all of the heater cores ive found are aluminum

_Mitch_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Why shouldn't I use an aluminum one?

I feel your pain I too have a v6 stang as a grocery getter and the heat is crazy hot. I haven't seen anything like that for the ram world yet. The best thing you could do is a good flush and a brass heater core not an aluminum one.

Why are we not supposed to use aluminum heater cores? The brass one I took out was rotten as hell. I replaced it with an aluminum one.

Brass one:
10723839_1478739532414019_1613806457_n.jpg

:superhack:

Now I have an aluminum one and a huge chunk of my dash missing.

-Mitch

KenBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Aluminum is good but copper is better. Copper conducts heat faster and more efficiently than aluminum so it absorbs more heat from the hot coolant flowing through. An all copper unit would be too expensive and isn't really necessary but copper tubing with aluminum fins works well.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
again guys have any links for these? all ive found are aluminum and have the swivel arms.. even the dealer (who didn't have the swivel) could only get the aluminum ones...