Instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gageM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Alright. So before anyone says it, yes I'm stupid for this. But at least I'm not on another category asking how to roll coal everywhere.

I've lost just about every guage in my truck. 1998 12 valve 2500, 2wd automatic (sadly) with around 230K . Every guage. No Rpms, no voltage, no engine temp. Speedometer works a little, it flicks to move however in clock like manner I guess. Really laggy. And the fuel guage only goes up to near quarter of a tank now when I fill up the truck. I also have no more cruise control. Odometer works fine though.

The reason this happened is because I, stupidly, took apart the instrument cluster. And I mean everything. I unplugged the guages from the circuit board and organized them. And put them all back together in the right places. I put everything back together as it was but now I'm stuck in a half blind 3/4 ton. I'd like to know if there's any way I can fix this ( I've tried the needle sweep and no codes or anything came up ) if not a way to fix it then possibly a way to replace it but keep my mileage. Any help?

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You organized them? What was wrong with them in the first place?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you took the needles off and put them back on, did you make sure that

A) the gauge face didn't by some chance pop out a little bit, or
B) you didn't push the needle in too far?

Either one of those could stop the needle from sweeping or moving. I've taken many of gauges fully apart to do LED swaps before with no problems, but yeah, I'm also wanting to know what you meant by organizing them.