Need help-runing terrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leftlane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a '95 with a 5.2 automatic. It suddenly doesn't want to start, it will start sometimes but it runs terrible and won't rev up, you can sometimes get it to rev up a bit but you can hear the intake pulling air it just won't rev up much. It really seems like a plugged exhaust but i had it off and it made no difference.
I have checked coolant temp, iat, cam, crank, used a test light to check injector pulse and it seems good, good spark, good timing, fuel is good, fuel pressure good, map sensor voltage changes when it does run so I think it's working. tried another PCM and no change.
I changed the oil after this happened, filled it to the top of the range, checked it yesterday and it's way overfilled and smells like fuel. Plugs are new but are blackened wet with fuel. This makes no sense to me. It seems like I have 8 injectors that are stuck open...........
Any ideas are much appreciated.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Coolant temp sensor for the pcm, if it's not reading right it will cause the motor to flood out.

OP
OP
L

Leftlane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's reading 50 degrees, same as iat.

mda8569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
You should have 2 of them. 1 for the gage, which is probly the one you checked, and 1 for the pcm.

OP
OP
L

Leftlane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked the PCM one, I checked it with a Chrysler DRB3 scanner, it was a 2-wire sensor near the t/stat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963