No Heat, ruled out heater core. Thinking blend door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lokel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hi guys,

Have a friend with 98 cummins with 190,000 miles and it blows cold air when on heat. Already flushed the heater core, seemed fairly clean, and intake and output heater hoses are both hot to the touch. The previous owner said it was the original coolant....why it was original is still beyond me. I figured that the core could be all gummed up because of that, but I don't think it is. Already burped the system of air and still no heat. I am thinking that it could possibly be the blend door. I have scoured the internet looking for pictures or information relating to second gen blend door location, and whether or not I could somehow prop the blend door open by removing just the glove box for access.

Anybody have any links, pictures, suggestions, etc?

By the way, my friend said that he swears he felt a small blast of heat briefly when he first turned the heater on the other day, whether or not it was just imagination is unknown to me.

Thanks!

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
probably blend door they are bad about breaking the output on it.. search for heater treater dodge ram.. this may be of help and the blend door is under the dash to the right of trans tunnel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-12-05-21-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-05-21-10.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 58

Agent M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem with a 96 Gasser. It gets "warm" but not really hot. On a 35 degree day the cab will be comfortable but being in South Dakota with 25 below temps, it is no way ready for winter. I've flushed mine SEVERAL times, new coolant, new thermostat, new heater core ( that was a ***** to do ), and as I said, it gets "warm" but by no means hot or anything. Both hoses in and out of core are HOT to the touch, and the 96 runs on a cable from the cabin thermostat, and it appeared to be working when I had the dash out. I've seen some youtube videos of air pockets in the core, but I am sure I took care of that. One mentioned the water pump, but both hoses are hot, and I have NO engine cooling problems at all.

I'm pretty speechless about this, and a bit frustrated. The only thing I haven't done yet was a winter front.

Any help or another direction to look would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956