No Start No Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illgetyou22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the board seeing if you guys can help me out. I just purchased a 1999 ram 1500 with a 5 speed 5.2. Last owner claims truck died while he was driving it and would not start again. When I turn the ignition to the on I do not get a check engine, truck will crank and crank, truck has no spark also in the engine bay I noticed that someone had hardwired the fuel pump witch run continuously now when the ignition is on . Since the check engine is not coming on my first instinct was to get another PCM. I bought one out of a so called running vehicle out of a yard with the same number, plugged it in and no go. Any one have any ideas? Would a bad crank positioning sensor make the check engine light not come on, or make the ecu not power up? Also looks like someone has replaced the ASD relay

OP
OP
I

illgetyou22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also I get no check engine light at all and the scanner will no connect to the ecu . All fuses have been checked and are good. Also when I key on the asd relay clicks on then off

OP
OP
I

illgetyou22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today with a different scanner I was able to connect with the ECU and there are no faults, SO now im totally lost. ANYBODY??

Dodgejar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably to late to respond, but my son had the same problem and replaced the crank position sensor. We pinched the wires when we swapped motors.