Removing abs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-man360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Starting to do some major work on my 2000 ram 1500 sport. Wanting to clean up under the hood. Want to remove abs and put in an adjustable proportioning valve. Rear wheel speed sensor runs through cab module before going to pcm. Speed sensor is just a square wave form. Was wondering if anyone knew if it just sent the same wave form to pcm for speedo and shift or if the cab altered the wave in any way first. I am going to scope in and out at the cab module but was just looking for some insight first.

samxthomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm pretty sure it uses the same signal for the ECU, I don't see why it'd change it. The speed sensor isn't used for the transmission, the transmission uses its own OSS for that. I like your idea, I'd like to do the same for mine, find a hydroboost master cylinder, and add in a line lock solenoid for hill assist and burnouts. I believe the factory setup has an electronic adjustable proportioning valve already on there, you'd probably have to figure out the specs of that to be able to use it manually though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead