Shifting paw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HD2500CUMMINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I have a 2001 with ATS transmission. For some reason the tail end snapped and I had it replaced. Now when I shift out of park it drops all the way to drive. Somehow there is not a detent for rev or nutrul. I was told it could be a "shifting paw" what is it, could that be it and where the heck is it. Thanks!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hello everyone. I have a 2001 with ATS transmission. For some reason the tail end snapped and I had it replaced. Now when I shift out of park it drops all the way to drive. Somehow there is not a detent for rev or nutrul. I was told it could be a "shifting paw" what is it, could that be it and where the heck is it. Thanks!!

Sounds like the shop that did your tail end screwed something up. The "paw" might be referring to the manual shift lever, which is inside the valvebody. I'm no expert but I feel like the valvebody didn't need dropped to do the tail end.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Did they really say pawl? For me that refers to the parking pawl, which is a lever that engages a "gear" on the back of the Trans gearset, when you select Park.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963