Speed sensor , ABS & Brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canoehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 24 valve turbo
Last week I found my speedometer not working and my ABS and Brake light on, could not find anything in my Haynes Manual on this so I came to the forum. In the forum I found several mentions of a speed sensor on the rear diff. I pulled the speed sensor and replaced. All is good now thanks guys

jholaway1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just have the brake warning light on but speedometer works fine, I changed the ABS sensor too and I checked the parking brake switch and changed the brake shoes and pads but still can't find the problem so I guess I am going to bleed the brakes even though the brake pedal seem good.

jholaway1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I just back from my local mechanics repair shop and they hooked the ABS scanner up to my truck and found no error codes or any other problems with my braking system. He was at a loss why the light was on and he tried to reset the ABS and brake light and it wouldn't reset. I asked about front ABS sensors and he informed me that there are no front ABS sensors on my truck just a rear ABS system. I also asked about the main ABS module if there could be a problem with it and he was like well there is a possibility but I wouldn't waste money changing that because they are fairly expensive. He did offer to keep the truck for a few days and go through the whole electrical system to see why the light was on but there was no guarantee that he could find the problem. His honest opinion was to ignore the lights and just drive the truck. I now know why the bulbs were missing in the dash.

Now with that info does anyone have any suggestions of what I could check or should I just say hell with the lights in the dash and just drive the truck ?