Speedometer...again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foto740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1996 ram 1500 4x4 with just rear wheel abs
I have replace all 3 of my sensors and the cluster
I have checked the continuity of my wires ( the only wires I have not checked are the ones going to the abs speed sensor in the rear end and the ones going to the speedometer its self )
I have NO other lights on my dash on
I have checked my vss to make sure it is good
I have checked my gear at the vss to make sure it was good

and I still have no speedometer or odometer...

please give me some help and suggestions

OP
OP
F

foto740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know if this makes a difference but I also have no horn or cruise control (neither one of them work)

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
So check all your fuses and relays. Reads like a power problem. Also 96 speedo only reads from the vss on the xcase rear abs sensor means **** all in a 96.

OP
OP
F

foto740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have checked all the fuses and relays and they are all good.... and I thought it only read off the vss.. or does it read off the pcm? and is there a certain fuse that controls just the speedo?

OP
OP
F

foto740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the voltage coming from the white/orange wire before the speedo.... (while the truck was in park)
Was 5.5 volts...is this what i am supposed to be having?

Attachments

• 20150927_163311.jpg
    20150927_163311.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 53

Octavio 867

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.4
Hi! I Drive a 1999 RAM V8 5.4L Automatic transmission, the speedometer is not working, I have checked the signals from the speed sensor in the transmission with a oscilloscope and the signals are coming from the sensor (green wire with black line and blue wire with black wire) and entering into the ECU, but I can not find where the signals are going out of the ECU and sent to the cluster, may somebody tell me where to locate that signals, I can not locate the schematic diagrams the only diagrams are from a 1996 dodge ram and are a little bit different, the only thing is that the original computer died some time ago and the only ECU available at that time was one from a mexican 2000 Dodge RAM, was installed and the truck worked well but only with butane/propane gas, because the Mexican Dodge RAM ECU do not activate the gasoline injectors, also I wish to use gasoline, somebody may show me the ECU pin out?
Thanks in advance