Torque converter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 95 dodge ram 1500 4wd. Its an auto trans. Here is the question. It started yesterday after I drove it up the interstate. Well when I go to take off from a dead stop it will move slow and the rpms jump up to about 2200 before it starts to move. Now when I pull the shifter down to 2nd it takes off a little quicker. It will not shift from 1st to drive it stays in drive and it won't shift into over drive eiter . I just replace the trans about 3months ago and it seems fine. Now once I put the truck in park it jumps a little forward. It will catch and back up great but don't have no power to turn the tires over in drive unless u put it in 1st but u can tell it dont shift expect from 2nd to 3rd. What could it be?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it throwing any codes? It sounds like a governor pressure solenoid not working/hooked up right.

OP
OP
D

Dodeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it throwing any codes? It sounds like a governor pressure solenoid not working/hooked up right.

Its throwing codes. I have to get the code numbers to see but what's the best place to look online for them

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If just had tranny replaced, have u tried going back to the shop for a checkup to make sure its all okay as it should be? My older vehicle I had aftet new tranny I had to bring in for reinspect to maintain its new warranty.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk