tranny help... again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meanwhitemopar

Reaction score
ok, went last night, had a blast on the four wheeler, biggest thing i hit was a deep puddle with the truck, and i mean, it wasnt even that deep. i think it was about 6 inchs deep. drove home, not a problem other then the ussual with the truck. i have a cracked transfer case, but i dont have the front shaft in, and i have had worse broke cases and it not do this. i think i fried another tranny..

fire up the truck, drive, it moves, dont know what gear it is starting in, but it seems to be slipping alot. be driving down the road, it will almost like it goes into neutral. it just straight quits. all gears work, cause you can still get it up to 55-60 if drove right, all gears work. until it quits, only way to get it working again, this is the wierd part.

shut the truck off, sony has their decks so it does the three beeps when you turn the truck off. wait till after that.. about 5-6 secs, start the truck back up, put it back in gear, it will move again, short period of time( im talkin maybe a mile if your lucky) and it quites again, repeat process,, as it gets hotter, you have to shut the truck off for longer. i checked the fluid, still nice birght red, no shavings on the stick..

now keep in mind guys, this is the 3rd tranny, its only got about 5k miles on it. no exaggerating. the only other thing i can say about this tranny, when i put the truck on its side, it ran low on fluid. i didnt move it, i went and took 7 quarts to fill it back up. ever sense, when its cold, fire the truck up,, put in drive, have to start in second gear, unless you pulled down to manual 1st. would do this till it got up to temp and it would work properly. and when it was cold or hot, idle along at about 10- 11 mph, the tranny didnt know what gear it wanted, it would go 1st to 2nd, back to 1st, back to 2nd.. and repeat untill i put it in manual 2nd or 1st, or i got a little bit more speed.

anyone got any ideas? on what it may be i mean. i am going to fix the transfer and see if maybe its that, but i dont think so, i hvae had worse. if not, its going back to another tranny place