truck wont start back up after running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewsoup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys been a while since ive been on here. Previously I had problems with my truck not wanting to start especially if it was wet out like in the spring. The truck would just turn over, but not start. I found that problem to be the crank shaft sensor. Thats happened twice in the last 4 yrs now. Last week my truck would not start again. So off to napa for another crank sensor i went (the previous sensor i installed was a dodge factory sensor but since it happened again i figured why not just get the napa one) Put the new sensor in and bam, still had issues. Truck starts fine on a cold start say in the morning but as soon as it warms up and i shut it off, it will just turn over. Of coarse it doesnt do it all the time. But has happened a handful of times in the last week. (Weather was very hot and humid) now for the last cpl days its cooled off here in buffalo and she seems to be running fine. Any clue what it can be? Could it be possible i have a bad sensor i just bought? Ignition coil is 2 years old. I also did the cap and rotor and plug wires about a yr and a half ago. ive read about bad wires in the ignition pigtails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im about to give up and sell her but i love my truck. Btw its an 01 Ram 1500 off road 5.9. Thanks guys

dodgeboy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Did you end up resolving this issue? Im having the same problem but mine wont start at all...:(

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since this is occurring once the truck warms up, what comes to mind is throttle body sensors. In particular the iac.
The way the truck controls idle is through those sensors but when the truck first starts it relies on a preset air-fuel ratio until it warms up. At that point it switches input to the IAC. If that sensor is bad it may not show itself until the truck reaches operating temperature.
Is the truck throwing any codes at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01