Water pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Getting ready to replace my water pump and add an e-fan tomorrow and just wanted to make sure I thought of everything I'll need or something else I should replace since I'm doing this

I've got the pump, new hoses and clamps,new belt, coolant and flush, 180 thermostat, all fel-pro gaskets, e-fan and...?

One question I did have was about the temp sender for the new fan. I'm doing it right and not just wiring it to a switch lol. There's two different styles of controls. A probe that you stick between the fins of the radiator, and an actual temperature sending unit.
I'm thinking of going with the first since it'll be easier to wire up and I won't have to drill and tap, or wait for a splice for the hose for the other sender.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have seen most of the third gens using an actual sender for the e fan. I would double check their writeups. But other than that it sounds like you have it all set up. Do you have the hanes manual or the service manual??

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've got a chilton's manual for it. Seems pretty straightforward as far as changing the pump out. Just wondering about the fan wiring and all. And whether I should stick one big fan on there or two smaller ones

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk