what does this part do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
the gold looking piece that comes out of the transfer case i know a hose attaches to it but im not sure what it does. Reason why i ask is because i was unable to get the hose to go back onto it and i am currently driving the truck without it hooked up...I just want to see if its hurting the truck or if its nothing important. Any info help

Also:the truck goes in and out of 4wd and works great only problem is the 4wd light will come on once its in 4wd but when its out the light is still on...Could that have something to do with that hose not hooked up? it looks like a vaccume line or something.

016.jpg

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it a manual transfer case? First thought is either a vacuum line for engaging/disengaging 4wd, or a breather tube.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
All 2nd gens have a manual t-case. Looks like the Vacuum tube to the front CAD. I'll try to crawl under and verify where my Tubes go when I get off from work.

OP
OP
fonzyn75

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yeah its a manual transfercase the 4wd comes on once its put in
once its but back in 2wd the light is still on
that probally from this right?

and is that all that it does?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
It's the vent tube. The vacum switch ( with the 4 ports) is to the left.

If the CAD assmbly on your 4 wd disengages but the switch doesn't turn the light off it either needs cleaned or replaced.

5273-cad_mechanism.jpg

Last edited: