2016 Ram 2500 Cummins First Service Cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Llando88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am due for routine service soon on my 2016 Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins, and have a couple questions.

I know from the Owners Manual I need an oil and filter change. Should I go ahead and have both fuel filters replaced?

There are a bunch of inspections listed, as well as a 4x4 specific lube point, apparently.

What are folks paying for all this at dealers?

I'm on an extended RV trip across the USA towing our Airstream, so I'll be trying to get this done near Portland OR in the next couple weeks. Any good dealer suggestions in the Portland/Clackamas area appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Rich

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had my oil changed at 1500 miles at the dealer, cost 75 bucks.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you're going to a dealer for these services you're going to need more lube than what the front driveshaft requires. I did a price check at both dealers in my area.

Oil/Filter $150
Fuel Filter in engine bay - $139.95
Fuel/water separator - $169.95

Both said these are pretty much standard charges no matter where you go. I say it's highway robbery. I wouldn't just go changing out the fuel filters until they've hit their service life or you've hit a bad batch of fuel.

There may be a local shop someone here knows about, or perhaps you could make a friend for the day with someone on here and knock some back while swapping everything out in their garage lol. Could be fun, you never know.

I only mention that because it costs me about $160 for everything doing it myself. There's no way I could justify spending $300+ extra for having a shop do it.