2500 gas to diesel swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racergurl06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v
I bought my 95 12v donor truck for $1500. It had just under 300k miles and fired right up. I have a 2000 ram 1500 scsb that, that motor went in too. All the suspension is the exact same as the donor truck. Only thing we changed were the springs to accomodate for height due to me having drop springs so I put in 3/4 ton springs up front. The motor and tranny from the donor truck bolted right up to my truck, no fab was needed. Fairly easy swap IMO. People tried telling me to just go buy a diesel from a dealer. Why would I want to do that? Im not like everybody else and wanted something custom, so thats what I did. Most people say it costs an arm and a leg to do a swap. Ive spent maybe a third of what most people think it cost to do a swap. I say go for it and be one of a kind :) It was a fun project for all that was involved in mine

Taquache

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The TC behind the V10 is probably a little different.

If you pay a shop to do the conversion in order for it to look and act factory you're looking at about $10,000 out the door turn key ready to go.

If you are handy and have a place to work with tools you can do it for much much less. The biggest and most helpful suggestion would be to get a donor truck of the same year as yours. that way PCM and gauges and all that jazz will match up

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
^^^^^
I've seen both your trucks on CF and they're wicked!!! Glad to see both of you on RF :)

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that's good to know. Unfortunately, I won't be getting the 2500 after all. :( Guy sold it to his neighbor. Thanks for all your help!