3" lift with factory shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb4wd99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Kind of new to the lifted world. Got a question for you. I bought a new 2014 ram 2500. The dealer put a 3" lift kit (kit unknown) and 35" tires on it. They did not replace the shocks, as it still has the factory shocks on it. The truck rides rough, as you would expect with any lifted truck with 35" tires on it, and has more than normal/expected vibrations on the interstate. I had tires re-balanced when I purchased and before i drove off the lot. My question is do you think the factory shocks are over extended to the point where they can no longer effectively dampen vibrations and do you think replacing with aftermarket shocks would help achieve a smoother ride? I'm not looking for a Cadillac ride. I knew what I was getting into prior to buying the truck, but was just wondering if you big **** mother ******* could recommend a set of good quality shocks that could help with the ride, if shocks would indeed help with the issue? If you don't think it is a shock problem, what other things could I check/replace to help? I will also be purchasing a dual steering stabilizer kit as well to help. Thanks for any input.

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
You definitely need to upgrade the front, and back shocks. I would go with Bilsteins 5100's or tbe Fox shocks, you want more comfort, and control go with Fox shocks. Dual steering stabilizer is good helps control the 35's, I have the Pro-Comp dual steering stabilizer. A BD Diesel steering stabilizer will help with steering wander, and wobble. You will also need to upgrade the sway bar end links, BD Diesel Performance makes a good set for the Cummins.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Find out how they raised the from three inches. If they just used a spacer I would swap that out for some lift/leveling coils. I am running Thuren soft rate coils and like them. Another option is Carli.
I agree with Cummins Powered about the new shocks.

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
You can't go wrong with Kore, Thuren, Lorenz,, and Carli. For comfort will be the Thuren, and Lorenz. Kore being the stiffness of the 4, but the Kore soaks up the bumps, rides better when off roading. They all offer great stability, each has their own great quality of ride, and handling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead