Buy back program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitehawk79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a 3500 DRW on November 30, 2013. The truck has 433 miles on it and has been in for repair since December 2. So 9 weeks later and still no progress...waiting for the correct part number for a headliner for a mega cab Laramie with the cargo camera...mine came without the cargo camera wired. The part that was ordered showed up with out the cargo camera wire.

So if someone knows the correct part number let me know so I can give it to the local dealer and get my truck back.

Or the other option is how the buyback program works. The customer care rep has been very nice but not producing results.

Any help either way is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Do a search for local Lemon Law lawyers, that long should qualify for buyback.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
So the truck you bought did not have the cargo camera when you bought it... and you dealer has had the truck for 9 weeks trying to get parts to have it installed???? Did they break something while doing the install???

sent thru a cloud of smoke

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or did it come with the camera, but it didn't work?

OP
OP
N

Nitehawk79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck came with the cargo camera. The dealer figured since it was a new vehicle they would get the right part to fix it. They ordered a new headliner and was told it was on the way, so they removed the windshield. Chrysler cancelled the order without reason, the dealer ordered another one that supposedly got stuck in customs for a month and when it arrived it was the wrong part, so my truck just sets there in a service bay waiting for direction from Chrysler.

I did not purchase the truck from the dealer that is doing all this, the dealer I purchased from missed this on their PDI and the salesman was in a hurry to leave since I arrived after closing to pick up the truck so he went over the truck by saying everything you need to know about the truck is in the owners manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Wow... that is some service. So if I am reading this right... the dealership repairing the camera messed up the headliner taking it out. and you have been stuck without a truck because they can't seen to get a replacement headliner. Sounds like :bs: to me.

I am not sure how the buyback program works but I would think you would have more pull if the work was being done at the dealership where you purchased the truck...

You need to push the issue with Chrysler Customer Care... that is why they are there. and keep us up to date with how this progresses... good luck!! :favorites13:

Motorcharge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And the dealer doesn't have another truck on the lot to pull the part from? Make them pull it off another truck and let them let their own truck sit there for weeks on end rather than yours.

OP
OP
N

Nitehawk79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer does not have a mega cab on their lot nor is there one in the area. The service department did not damage the headliner, Chrysler did not wire the camera from the factory...love that attention to detail QC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the factory installed the camera, and the wrong headliner?? WTF?

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wow... that is some service. So if I am reading this right... the dealership repairing the camera messed up the headliner taking it out. and you have been stuck without a truck because they can't seen to get a replacement headliner. Sounds like :bs: to me.

I am not sure how the buyback program works but I would think you would have more pull if the work was being done at the dealership where you purchased the truck...

You need to push the issue with Chrysler Customer Care... that is why they are there. and keep us up to date with how this progresses... good luck!! :favorites13:

Just my opinion but Chrysler Customer Care is far far from being there to assist customers. They are a joke. I bought a new, 2014 Laramie Diesel 3500. Test drove a different one with a salesman. I liked the large center display where it shows the back-up camera. Didn't like the color of the one I tested so the salesman said he had a new silver colored on with ALL of the same features on the one I drove. Hence, I bought it. Came time for the salesman to show the wife and I all the neat features on the display screen.

Told him to show the wife the large back-up camera. Yea, she saw it ~ located in the rear view mirror on the very left side of it. Salesman said to bring it back the next day and he could get it to work on the main display screen. Well that was quite a few weeks ago and have went through five Chrysler case managers and not one damn thing has been done to correct this problem. Also the main "information" screen which shows how fast you hhave driven, idle time, stopping time, etc is not working. It's a very long story but the bottom line is "don't sit idle and wait for customer care or a case manager if they assign you one to assist you. You can start the Lemon Law process now and if they get your problems fixed, you can also stop the claim through the Lemon Law. Google your State (Oregon Lemon Law) as an example and then study up for what you have to do. Usually takes about 45 days to get them to buy back the truck. I've bought 11 new vehicles from the same dealer in the last year and a half. You would think that should mean something in getting my problem corrected. Nada! They have your money so now it's up to you to get it back.

Motorcharge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just my opinion but Chrysler Customer Care is far far from being there to assist customers. They are a joke. I bought a new, 2014 Laramie Diesel 3500. Test drove a different one with a salesman. I liked the large center display where it shows the back-up camera. Didn't like the color of the one I tested so the salesman said he had a new silver colored on with ALL of the same features on the one I drove. Hence, I bought it. Came time for the salesman to show the wife and I all the neat features on the display screen.

Told him to show the wife the large back-up camera. Yea, she saw it ~ located in the rear view mirror on the very left side of it. Salesman said to bring it back the next day and he could get it to work on the main display screen. Well that was quite a few weeks ago and have went through five Chrysler case managers and not one damn thing has been done to correct this problem. Also the main "information" screen which shows how fast you hhave driven, idle time, stopping time, etc is not working. It's a very long story but the bottom line is "don't sit idle and wait for customer care or a case manager if they assign you one to assist you. You can start the Lemon Law process now and if they get your problems fixed, you can also stop the claim through the Lemon Law. Google your State (Oregon Lemon Law) as an example and then study up for what you have to do. Usually takes about 45 days to get them to buy back the truck. I've bought 11 new vehicles from the same dealer in the last year and a half. You would think that should mean something in getting my problem corrected. Nada! They have your money so now it's up to you to get it back.

Moral of this story is don't trust salesman. Coming from someone who works at a dealer (not Chrysler) salesman are every bit the stereotype they're made out to be. They don't care about you or what you want, they care about bull****ting you into buying a car. And I don't mean this to be as ****** as it sounds but you're at fault for not verifying the truck had the features you wanted before you took delivery and paid for it. Chrysler doesn't care because it's a sales issue and there's nothing they can do about it. At the end of the day the salesman lied, you didn't get what you wanted and now you're going to be stuck with it unless you trade it in for something else.

On the plus side CSI surveys are a very big issue for just about every brand out there right now. There's huge manufacturer incentives and kick backs for positive customer service scores and you get a survey on the sales department for buying your truck. Don't fill that out yet and use it as leverage with the sales manager and general manager to get the situation sorted out in your favor whether they've got to pay to add the option you wanted to your truck or buy back the truck and make you a worthwhile deal on what you wanted in the first place. A survey full of zeros will kill their average and put them at risk of losing a lot of money at the end of the year from Chrysler.

lynchmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
All of this breaks my heart. I was a parts manage in a
dodge dealership years ago. Back when Chrysler was a great companyr

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok.. so I'll ask the question....

If they are waiting for a replacement part and it's already been weeks - why don't they just button up your truck, give it to you without the cargo camera and call you when the part comes in?

You said they have taken the windshield out - I would want to ensure they're keeping the truck inside rather than outside with a tarp over the hole.