Check engine oxygen sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AT_Runner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hi all,

Few months ago I started having the check engine light turn on and off intermittently in my truck. I could not find any specific reason, time, temperature, humidity or any reason as to why it would randomly start and than go away after anywhere from a couple of hrs to a couple of days.

I finally managed to get it to the dealer when the light was on as they kept sending me away, telling me there is nothing they can do if the light is off. The code indicated an error in the oxygen sensor? whatever that is. They had to order one and I had to come back for it to be installed.

A month later the same stuff started happening again. I finally got the car to the dealer again with the light on and they told me its the other oxygen sensor this time????? anyway it took a whole day and this weekend the light turned on again.

I spoke to dodge about this and they gave me lots of lip service but 0 action told me I have been moved to a special service category of very valued customers and will be contacted today but, as usual with them no one called me and probably no one will. I cannot begin to explain how very disappointed I am with the way they will not back their product. Car has 10K on it now, problems started around 5K.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what can it be or knows how can I get this independently evaluated. I am starting to get very concerned that it is not a sensor malfunction (as they have been already changed twice) and that there may be a real problem with the engine.

Any ideas, anybody?

OP
OP
A

AT_Runner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
I don't know. Don't have a reader.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did the same thing for awhile when I ran the gutted cat and a glass pack on my 98 it was the o2 sensor right before the cat. Figured it was an issue with my exhaust setup and ever since I started running an actual muffler I haven't had an issue