does Cummins make a gas truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ive was on a ride with a big group, and had a guy fill up his Suzuki 750 motorcycle with diesel. Didn't even notice till he went to drive off. Nozzle was green and bigger and than the gas ones and he didn't realize. Only had it running for about 20-25 seconds. Managed to siphone the diesel out and flush it with gas a couple times (2 hours) and we were on our merry way! Think he was just very lucky!

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
gas nozzles are definitely smaller, grabbed a diesel handle by mistake once and could tell the difference.

a gas nozzle will fit in the diesel tank easily.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might be something new with the sizes or maybe regional. About 12 years ago I put about 8 gallons of diesel in my 1990 full size Ford Bronco before realizing what I was doing.

It was really late and I was dead tired and it was one of those pumps that has gas and diesel on the same pump. Aside from being a different color, they were the same size.

It was probably about 50/50 gas diesel in my tank. I drove it home about 10 miles and siphoned it out then added fresh gas. It Ran rough, but it ran and was fine after the fresh gas.

The Bronco engine probably got a good cleaning since it's like an old fashioned kerosene cleaning! LOL

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
This is another reason alot of diesel pumps you have to flip the holder up after you remove the handle
I think I'm gonna take a caliper to the gas station with me. I could swear diesel nozzles are larger

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know there is an older gas station an hour north of me where they are the same size. I know this because me and some buddies were heading out to the boondocks to go camping and stop to top off before we go out into the national forest. We stopped, piled out and noticed some gal filling up her 2000s Malibu with diesel. We all kinda stopped, and looked at each other wondering if Chevy made a diesel Malibu. We didn't think so so we asked if her Malibu was a diesel as she was hanging up the pump. her reply? "No, its gas but i figured i would use the green gas because its better for the environment" got in her car and started driving off before we could say anything, she was heading the opposite way as us so we don't know how far she made it. true story, i still have trouble believing it happened and i was there. lol

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there is an older gas station an hour north of me where they are the same size. I know this because me and some buddies were heading out to the boondocks to go camping and stop to top off before we go out into the national forest. We stopped, piled out and noticed some gal filling up her 2000s Malibu with diesel. We all kinda stopped, and looked at each other wondering if Chevy made a diesel Malibu. We didn't think so so we asked if her Malibu was a diesel as she was hanging up the pump. her reply? "No, its gas but i figured i would use the green gas because its better for the environment" got in her car and started driving off before we could say anything, she was heading the opposite way as us so we don't know how far she made it. true story, i still have trouble believing it happened and i was there. lol

Was she blonde?

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
it was couple years ago, but i don't think so. than again she could have died her hair to try and cover it up. i do remember she looked like she was in her 50s, would've thought she would know better. i wonder how many cars she has ruined by trying to be environmentally friendly....lol

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another option is someone upbadged a Cummins badge onto their gaser truck to make it look more AWESOME!

Sad story if truly diesel going into a non-diesel tank, tho.

My truck is my first diesel and after 25+ years filling my vehicles with gasoline, it was a neurotic moment putting that green nozzle into my filler neck.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Honestly guys, all this arguing over sizes...?

Diesel nozzles come in both sizes. The more often you get fuel, the more you begin to realize that if you stop at a truck-stop you will be able to find a large nozzled pump that does hi flow for filling semi saddle tanks. These are awesome, as they will fill your "full-size" truck with fuel in like 3 minutes.

If you haven't found these I feel sorry for you lol because they make life awesome, but the truth of the matter is that if you generally only fill at a place that serves cars, and not real trucks like semis they tend to have the gasser sized nozzles which are stupidly slow for 36 gallons lol.

Moral of the story, they come in both sizes, but the handles are always green (unless they are red for off-road diesel).

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
we asked if her Malibu was a diesel as she was hanging up the pump. her reply? "No, its gas but i figured i would use the green gas because its better for the environment" got in her car and started driving off before we could say anything, she was heading the opposite way as us so we don't know how far she made it. true story, i still have trouble believing it happened and i was there. lol

Well, all things considered, she did help to save the environment that day by taking her carbon-spewing Malibu off the road. :superhack:

cmns2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
p pumper
It ain't that bad...i work at a dealer and a lady put like half a tank of gas in her truck...just need to drop the tank and pour out the gas and change the fuel filter...

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tow one a week easy for this. happens both ways, usually the person is tired.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963